10 x Alpine Charm for Your HomeNovember 29, 2015
Skiing, snowboarding and long walks in the snow that put some color on your cheeks. Is there anything better? Sometimes, there is: When you get home from all those exciting snow-fun activities and finally sit down on that cozy couch or even in a rocking chair, leaving all the craziness outside. In case you do not happen to own your own chalet in the Swiss Alps we put together a list of tipps to make you catch some cabin fever.
Bring some Alpine Charm into your Home:
– enjoy a steaming cup of joe, your favorite tea or even better: creamy hot choc
– snuggle up in some hand-made wool socks or fluffy slippers
– cover up with the coziest, biggest blanket you can find
– treat yourself to a little bowl of Poppyseed & Plum Porridge – it comes with vanilla and will sure remind you of the classic Austrian Chalet Dish “Germknödel”: add some vanilla (soy) milk for extra flavour!
-grab your knitting things and as many different coloured balls of wool as you like
– light a candle scented with essential oils from orange, cinnamon or vanilla
– have a dynamic simulation of an open fire play in the background, like on your computer, tv or phone screen
– have a skill game or a puzzle ready for some old school gaming
– find a good book to sink your nose in
– prepare a bowl of your favourite nuts as a snack
And now go off to enjoy some Chalet Charm in your own home!