Basic recipe: OatmealMay 4, 2020
It is impossible to imagine breakfast tables around the world without oatmeal. Oats are considered a superfood and since they do not have to be transported as far as chia seeds or goji berries, they are also super sustainable. We therefore think that oatmeal is the most underestimated food there is.
In this recipe you will learn how to prepare a simple porridge. Of course, it’s up to you what you garnish the dish with. For this we recommend berries or other great toppings such as nuts, linseeds or sunflower seeds.
Basic recipe: Oatmeal
- 250 ml milk or a plant-based alternative
- 50 g oat flakes
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp honey or agave syrup
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- Heat up the oat flakes with a pinch of salt and the sweetener of your choice (honey or agave syrup) in the milk or plant-based drink (do not forget to stir well).
- Let the porridge steep for 3 minutes.
- Put the porridge into a bowl and sprinkle it with cinnamon.