Christmas recipe: Roasted almonds and cashewsDecember 10, 2020
Roasted almonds and cashew (cashews) are a must at Christmas time. This Christmassy snack is also ideal as a topping for your yoghurt or porridge. You only need 4 ingredients for the recipe and you can add a Christmassy touch to any breakfast
You can use any nut for the recipe, but almonds and cashews are the best. The roasted almonds are crunchy and reminiscent of the Advent market, while roasted cashews are a little softer and only get their delicious bite from the sugar icing.
Roasted almonds and cashews as a gift
The roasted almonds and cashews are also perfect as a sustainable Christmas gift for your loved ones. To give away the nuts, it is best to put them in a nice jar and label them nicely, for example with a labelling machine or a ribbon and gift tag
Christmas recipe: Roasted almonds and cashews
- 200 g Verival nuts of your choice
- 200 g sugar
- 100 ml water
- 1 pkg vanilla sugar and/or 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Bring sugar and water to the boil in a pan, add a little cinnamon or vanilla.
- Add the nuts to the pan and continue cooking, stirring constantly, until the sugar is dry.
- Then turn the temperature back to medium and stir until the sugar begins to melt slightly and the almonds start to shine a little.
- Then pour the nuts onto a baking tray with baking paper and let them cool down.
- #roasted nuts