Recipe: Bircher muesli barsMay 12, 2020
Bircher muesli is a real classic. However, we not only love it in its traditional form, we also like to modify it and make delicious creative recipes out of it, for example our Bircher muesli bars. These are perfect for a quick breakfast on the road or as a snack in between.
Our Bircher muesli bars naturally include the same ingredients that are used to make the classic Bircher muesli. These include oat flakes, apple, lemon and nuts. In order to spice up the muesli bars a little more we also add quinoa pops, linseeds and for the sweetness a little honey. Our beloved Verival Bircher Muesli with heritage grains gives you a little more bite, instead of oatmeal we use Verival Bircher Porridge for our recipe:
Bircher muesli bars
- 150 g Bircher Porridge
- 150 g Bircher muesli with heritage grains
- 80 g honey
- 30 g linseed
- 20 g quinoa pops
- 30 g cashew nuts or nuts of your choice
- 1 apple, grated
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- Put the linseeds in a bowl with water and let them swell. Chop the nuts of your choice and grate the apple.
- Put Bircher Porridge, Bircher Muesli, Quinoa Pops, salt and nuts in a bowl and mix. Then add the apple, honey, lemon juice and finally the linseeds and mix well.
- Spread the mixture evenly on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake for about 30 minutes at 180 degrees. Then let it cool down and cut.