Recipe: Quick Carrot Cake Bites with Bircher MuesliMarch 11, 2021
Only five, purely plant-based ingredients, no added sugar and everything mixed together in no time at all, without baking – that’s how quick and healthy snacking works. For the Carrot Cake Bites, we used the Verival Bircher Urkorn muesli. This not only ensures that these little juicy carrot cake cubes taste particularly good, but also makes them rich in fibre.
So the Bircher muesli is not only a healthy breakfast, but also does a great job in these little juicy cake bites.
What is Bircher Muesli?
The Bircher Muesli, a true breakfast classic, is the first and oldest muesli ever. The original Bircher Muesli was discovered by the Swiss doctor Maximilian Oskar Bircher-Benner during a hike in the early 19th century. He then made it a healthy dietary food for his patients. Today, it is still a popular breakfast dish all over the world.
Which 5 ingredients do I need for the Carrot Cake Bites?
For this cake snack, you need exactly five vegan ingredients mixed together raw:
- Verival Bircher Original Grain Muesli
You can find the exact units of measurement and preparation steps here:
Quick Carrot Cake Bites with Bircher Muesli
- 150 g carrots
- 150 g Verival Bircher Original Grain Muesli
- 150 g Walnuts
- 100 g Dates
- 16 half walnuts
- Peel the carrots and cut them roughly into pieces. Place in a blender with the pitted dates and blend until small.
- Add the Verival Bircher muesli and the cinnamon. Mix until everything is well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a mixing bowl.
- Chop the walnuts and mix into the dough with your hands.
- If the dough is too crumbly, add some more water. If it is too sticky, add some more muesli.
- Place the mixture on a sheet of baking paper or greaseproof paper and press with your hands to form a square (approx.14x14cm).
- Arrange 16 walnut halves on top to mark the cubes and press down lightly with your fingers.
- Wrap the paper and place in the fridge for at least one hour.
- After the cooling time, remove and cut into 16 small squares.
What is the best way to store the Carrot Cake Bites?
If you store the Carrot Cake Bites in an airtight container in the fridge, you should use them up within a few days. To enjoy them for as long as possible, put them in the freezer. They will defrost within a few hours at room temperature.
Have fun preparing and enjoying!
- #bircher muesli
- #bircher muesli recipe
- #healthy snack
- #vegan snack
- #without baking