Recipe: Low-Calorie Carrot Cake PorridgeAugust 17, 2020
Porridge with vegetables? You can do that? Yes, you can also refine your porridge with various vegetables like carrots or zucchini. A very popular variation is the Carrot Cake Porridge. Here we show you how to prepare a Carrot Cake Porridge low in calories quick and easy.
In this recipe, carrots are grated small and boiled up together with the oat flakes and the liquid. The carrots give the porridge additional volume. This makes the porridge very satiating. Therefore this porridge recipe is also suitable for losing weight.
Carrot Cake Porridge
- First grate the carrots small and then put them in a pot.
- Then add the oat flakes and the milk or plant drink. If you want to save extra calories, you can also replace half of the milk or plant drink with water.
- Then add the salt and a bit of cinnamon to the pot.
- Boil the porridge for about 5-7 minutes. When the porridge is almost ready and is already creamy, remove the pot from the heat and add some almond paste to your porridge.
- Then put the porridge in a bowl. Now you can refine the porridge with toppings of your choice, such as delicious walnuts.
- #carrot cake porridge
- #low calorie
- #organic breakfast
- #porridge recipe