Recipe: Porridge Peanut Butter EggsMarch 24, 2021
The Easter season is full of sweet temptations in the form of chocolate bunnies, marzipan eggs, yeast pastries and so on. But if you still don’t want to lose sight of your BMI during this time, there are healthy alternatives to snacking, and they’re even homemade.
For example, these delicious Porridge Peanut Butter Eggs with our Verival Sport Protein Porridge Chocolate Banana. They taste chocolaty and nutty, are quick to prepare without any baking and are also full of fibre and vegetable proteins.
What protein sources are in these chocolate eggs?
These eggs have a dark chocolate shell and a core of Sport Protein Porridge, peanut butter and chopped peanuts.
So these little things are full of proteins of purely vegetable origin:
- Peanuts – which, strictly speaking, are not nuts at all – contain a high proportion of unsaturated fatty acids and a lot of protein and are therefore a very popular vegan source of protein to support muscle building.
- The high protein content in our Verival Sport Protein Porridge Chocolate Banana, which is part of our Verival Sport range, is achieved through a balanced, coordinated blend of exclusively plant-based protein.
Can you make peanut butter yourself?
Peanut butter or peanut butter is generally a popular food. However, conventional peanut butter often contains a lot of sugar. But with just a few ingredients, you can easily make your own healthy peanut butter.
Find out what you need for these Easter chocolate eggs and how to make them here:
Porridge Peanut Butter Eggs
- 100 g peanut butter
- 30 g agave syrup
- 30 g chopped peanuts
- 30 g Verival Sport Protein Porridge Chocolate-Banana
- 1 pinch of salt
- 80 g dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Coarsely chop the peanuts.
- Mix the peanut butter, agave syrup and chopped peanuts in a bowl. Add the Sport Protein Porridge Chocolate Banana and salt.
- Mix the whole thing by hand to a sticky, not too solid mass.
- Using two small teaspoons, form 18 small eggs in batches and place on baking paper. Place them in the freezer for at least half an hour.
- Towards the end of the waiting time, melt the chocolate in a water bath and stir in the coconut oil. Take the eggs out of the freezer and spoon one at a time through the chocolate. Place on baking paper and let the chocolate dry.
What is the best way to store the Porridge Peanut Butter Eggs?
Because these little Easter eggs soften quite quickly if left unrefrigerated, it’s best to store them in the fridge. They will keep there for a few days. But honestly, the eggs taste so good that they are gone very quickly anyway.
- #high protein
- #high protein breakfast
- #peanut butter
- #sport breakfast
- #Sport Range
- #verival sport range