Recipe: Quinoa porridge with berriesAugust 12, 2020
Quinoa has been a staple food in the Andes region of South America for about 6000 years. For some years now, the pseudo-cereal has also been on everyone’s lips in our latitudes. Quinoa is so popular because it is an excellent vegan protein source and also contains a high proportion of minerals such as magnesium, iron, potassium and calcium.
Quinoa is often used as a basis for savoury dishes, but can also be easily processed as a sweet dish. One possibility is a tasty porridge that will keep you full and energized for a long time. Here you can learn how to prepare your quinoa porridge.
Quinoa porridge with berries
- 70 g quinoa
- 150 ml plant drink
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 50 g berries
- 15 g walnuts
- Put the quinoa in a saucepan with double the amount of liquid and let the quinoa simmer for about 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes of cooking time, add the plant drink and the agave syrup to the pot and let it simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Once your quinoa porridge is ready and has a creamy consistency, turn off the heat and add the berries and stir in.
- Try the quinoa porridge and add some agave syrup if necessary.
- As a topping you can take different nuts, we have taken walnuts here.